The NDW High Flow 0.02 Micron Filter uses a proprietary, patented electroadsorptive media technology. It is capable of removing submicron pathogens and inorganic contaminants through electroadhesion and ion exchange.
The technology makes it possible for non-woven media to produce filtration efficiency comparable to ultra membrane filtration (0.02 microns). This level of filtration is achieved with very low pressure drop, high flow rates and high load capacity, working equally well in fresh, brackish or salt waters.
The NDW filter media consists of coated micro-glass fibers produced using a wet laid, non-woven manufacturing technology. The base media is laminated between layers of spun-bond to provide both strength and pleat support.
- >99.99% Viruses (polio, rotovirus, norovirus, etc.)
- >99.99% Bacteria (E. coli, legionella, pseudomonas, etc.)
- >99.95% Cysts (giardia, cryptosporidium, etc.)
- >95% Lead
- >80% Ferrous Iron
- >95% Arsenic V
- >95% Cadmium
- >85% Chromium
- >75% Selenium
- >60% Mercury
- Chlorine (carbon version)
- Bromine (carbon version)
- Iodine (carbon version)
- PCBs & BPA
- Residual pharmaceuticals
- Biofouling preursors (organic acids, proteins, polysaccharides)